Useful Tips in Buying a Signal Booster
Cell phones have gotten smarter these days. They are no longer just communication devices. People do business, organize tasks, and hold meetings using smartphones. As a result, cell phones are extremely vital for businesses and personal use.
This is why cell phones should get the strongest signal whether they’re used inside the office or outside. Dropping calls while talking to clients and having a hard time connecting to cloud applications are common problems.
What Signal Boosters Are
Signal boosters are devices that will amplify weak signals for your phone. That is why it is important to choose a carrier or a provider that offers adequate coverage in the area of work or residence. However, it can’t be helped that one will run into “dead zones” or areas where the signal is weak.
This is where cell phone signal boosters come in. These gadgets have the capability to capture the weak signal and amplify it. This helps a person get better coverage and receptions and avoid dropped calls. With the right cell phone signal booster, experiencing weak signal reception will no longer be a problem.
Types of Signal Boosters
There are two types of cell phone signal boosters in the market today: building signal boosters and vehicle signal boosters. Building signal boosters are the ones used to improve cell phone signal in an office, at home, or in any other type of building.
These boosters are a permanent type and sometimes require a system of internal antennas to properly disperse cell phone signal to certain areas. These booster kits also have an external antenna mounted on the building roof. Most building signal boosters will support all major networks in North America.
Vehicle signal boosters are specifically made for cars and other vehicles. Developed to cope with changing outside signals as the car is on the move, these have a cap on how much signal they can boost. The capping system is necessary to prevent oscillation in the booster system from other devices from vehicles in the vicinity.
Choosing a Signal Booster
Before deciding which cell phone signal booster to purchase, there are a few factors to consider:
- Compatibility—not all signal boosters work with all networks. Check which signal boosters can support the current carrier. Most vendors will list the carriers that a certain booster will work with.
- Size of coverage—different cell phone signal boosters have different sizes of coverage areas. For a signal booster to be used in an office, there are kits that can cover up to five thousand square feet.
- Type—is it for office, for home, or for mobile use? For office signal boosters, use the building-type cell phone signal booster. Meanwhile, the vehicle signal booster is for a car and other vehicles.
- Noise level—the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulates the performance and noise levels of all cell phone signal boosters. Fixed boosters have a maximum noise power that does not exceed −102.5 dBm/MHz + 20 log10, while mobile ones do not exceed −59 dBm/MHz.
- Product support—only purchase signal boosters that offer at least two-year warranties and with thirty to sixty days money-back guarantee. Most trusted and reputable companies also have tech support who can be accessed through email, live chat, or the phone.
Why Buy One
Consider buying a signal booster when signal reception in the office or at home is weak and subpar. Cell phone signal boosters will solve the issue of dead spots or dead zones in your work area.
Boost productivity whether in the office, at home, or during travels. Connect and do business wherever and whenever.