Things to keep in mind while downgrading iOS
Apple’s latest mobile operating system may come with it’s own perks, however, there are chances you don’t feel quite yourself with your new iOS. Be it application issues or battery life concerns, it’s time you downgrade your device back to an older version.
Latest versions of iOS might come with new features and improved performance but it’s alright if you’re not happy about it and decide to get back to square one.
Here’s what you need to know if you’re considering downgrading iOS
Figuring the best way out
Now, there are two different ways you can go about downgrading.
- The first being the clean restore method which allows you to wipe all the existing data off your phone and let’s you start over. This method has it’s advantages, because you’re starting from scratch, there is minimal possibility of app crashing and/or compatibility issues. This way, you can expect the downgrade to work effectively and efficiently.
- The second method being the update method. This method allows your settings and data to be retained. However, phone app history as well as message app history isn’t retained all that well. You can still manage to retrieve most of the data on your device.
We will understand that later in detail.
Checking your device status
- Downgrading to earlier iOS versions such as iOS 10.3/ 10.2/ 10.1 is currently not possible because Apple hasn’t signed these firmwares anymore.
- You might want to go to ipsw.me to check which iOS version your device can downgrade to.
- However, TinyUmbrella can help ease the process and trick Apple into believing a lot many things. Continue reading to find out more.
Backup issues and more
- In most cases, allowing iCloud to perform a backup on your current updated iOS will not help you restore the backup once you have downgraded your device.
- Say, for example, if you want to restore your data from backup after downgrading from iOS 11, you’ll need to have a backup of iOS 10 to restore from.
- For this, you’ll have to either disable iCloud backups directly after upgrading your device or saving an iOS 10 backup through iTunes just before upgrading.
- You might want to upload your data to a web based storage or manually download them to your PC before you downgrade to an older version.
- Regardless, be prepared to lose some data.
What are SHSH blobs?
A piece of data that is part of Apple’s digital signature used for iOS restores and updates, and designed to control the iOS versions that users can install on their iOS devices, only allowing the newest iOS version to be installable.
How does TinyUmbrella work?
The latest version of this tool saves the SHSH blobs for the most recent firmware. Saving the SHSH blobs will guarantee that you can downgrade to that version even if you’ve updated your device. In this way, you are tricking Apple into thinking that the version you want to downgrade to is very much valid.
Therefore, after downloading the latest version of TinyUmbrella, connect your iOS device to your PC and let the downloads begin.
While downgrading may seem easy, it is quite a complicated task. If you’re downgrading via iTunes, you might face problems where your device constantly keeps going back to recovery mode when it is about to restore. If so, you should
Steps to avoid recovery mode problem
- Try and force restart your phone. You can do this by holding and pressing the sleep/wake button and the home button till the Apple logo appears on the screen. Once the device restarts, your problem should most likely be fixed.
- If not, you should try third party programs like iMyFone iOS System Recovery program. It is a data recovery program so there’s no way you are going to lose your data while your device is being fixed. After the device is fixed, you can continue using it as you generally would.
What you need to keep in mind is that although downgrading comes with its own perks, you might have to face various issues:
Issues faced while Downgrading iOS
- Incompatibility with third party apps.
- Introduces bugs into the device that may cause the device to crash frequently.
- The device may often reboot by itself.
That was a great article on “Things to keep in mind while downgrading iOS device” and I am sure that it would have helped you in some or any other way. IF you loved our article, dont forget to share the same.
If you still have any problem, please do comment below and someone from our team will get back to you. Till then, Happy Downgrading!
- October 2019 (7)
- September 2019 (14)
- August 2019 (6)
- July 2019 (10)
- June 2019 (17)
- May 2019 (12)
- April 2019 (21)
- March 2019 (11)
- February 2019 (15)
- January 2019 (9)
- December 2018 (5)
- November 2018 (6)
- October 2018 (8)
- September 2018 (9)
- August 2018 (11)
- July 2018 (10)
- June 2018 (11)
- May 2018 (11)
- April 2018 (10)
- March 2018 (6)
- February 2018 (12)
- January 2018 (12)
- December 2017 (2)
- November 2017 (14)
- October 2017 (13)
- September 2017 (6)
- August 2017 (16)
- July 2017 (9)
- June 2017 (10)
- May 2017 (21)
- April 2017 (13)
- March 2017 (5)
- February 2017 (3)
- January 2017 (4)
- December 2016 (1)
- November 2016 (4)
- September 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (2)
- July 2016 (8)
- June 2016 (5)
- May 2016 (7)
- April 2016 (19)
- March 2016 (18)
- January 2016 (1)
- December 2015 (11)
- November 2015 (2)
- technology3 days ago
Evolution of Education and Technology in the Global Scenario
- Business4 weeks ago
Five Things Great Business Leaders Never Say
- Blogging4 weeks ago
Follow These Tips To Get The Best Out Of Your Blogger Outreach
- Business3 weeks ago
The Future of Online Slots Machines
- Business3 weeks ago
Protect your Business from Online Attacks
- Business2 weeks ago
Features of CRM That Helps in Sales Process
- Buying Guide1 week ago
How to choose perfect router for your home
- Android2 days ago
TOP 5 BEST FOOTBALL GAMES FOR ANDROID